November 9, 2018 9:56:18 AM
STARKVILLE -- The Mississippi State football team still has a few spots to fill in its 2019 recruiting class, but it already is making moves in its 2020 class.
On Thursday, MSU secured commitments from athlete Lideatrick Griffin, wide receiver E. Jai Mason, and athlete Javorrius Selmon for the Class of 2020. All of the players are ranked in the top 10 prospects in the state of Mississippi, according to the 247 Sports Composite.
Griffin, a 5-foot-10, 170-pound Philadelphia product, chose MSU over offers from Auburn and Tennessee, among others. He is considered the third-best prospect in the state, and has been projected as both a cornerback and a wide receiver. Mason is from Clinton, while Salmon is from Provine. Mason -- the 6-2, 200-pound wide receiver -- is fourth in the state and Selmon is seventh at 5-9, 170 pounds. He plays cornerback for Provine High School.
1. Experience dictates why MSU doesn't operate under center COLLEGE SPORTS
2. MSU has issues with clap cadence on road COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Caledonia High's Stacy, Bates finalize college decisions HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. No. 1 EMCC has its date set for national title game COLLEGE SPORTS
5. The W men rally, fall short to Blue Mountain COLLEGE SPORTS