July 6, 2018 8:46:55 AM
Chris Lemonis' first big win as Mississippi State's baseball coach is one over the Major League Baseball First-Year Player draft.
J.T. Ginn, an in-state prospect drafted in the first round, 30th overall by the Los Angeles Dodgers, announced he won't sign with the Dodgers and that he will go to MSU.
The slot value for the 30th pick in the draft is $2,275,800.
Ginn, out of Brandon, was drafted as a pitcher but he has shown the ability to hit and play the infield, making it likely he will try to do both as a Bulldog.
-- Brett Hudson
1. Caledonia pushes into second round HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. No. 9 MSU, No. 13 Ole Miss will try to play at home COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU men go on road to take on Georgia COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Schaefer pushing MSU to improve COLLEGE SPORTS
5. The W women win; men lose finale COLLEGE SPORTS