October 10, 2018 10:39:03 AM
A changing party
The swearing-in of Bret Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court justice is a major, major victory for the reactionary wing of the Republican Party. The party of Eisenhower, Everett Dirksen, and Nixon has vanished; in its place is the party of Gingrich, McConnell, and Trump.
Like the Cheshire Cat, the old Republican Elephant has faded away. The Cat left us its smile, the Elephant only its dung.
Lamar County, Alabama
1. Ask Rufus: The Fish Trap LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 12/9/18 ROSES & THORNS
3. Patrick J. Buchanan: Who lost the world Bush 41 left behind? NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Jiben Roy: The natural process is the answer. Is it? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Possumhaw: Where did they all come from? LOCAL COLUMNS