September 6, 2019 1:46:30 PM
A Starkville woman died in a two-vehicle accident in Lowndes County Friday morning, according to a Mississippi Highway Patrol press release.
Myra G. May, 64, was attempting to turn left off U.S. Highway 45 onto Jess Lyons Road when her 2014 Nissan Versa collided with a northbound 2017 Nissan Pathfinder, driven by 28-year-old Jenny Pinkerton of Sulligent, Alabama.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant pronounced May dead at the scene. An ambulance took Pinkerton to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle with moderate injuries, the press release said.
MHP continues to investigate the accident.
1. Trotter's Columbus legacy etched in stone COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Tagert takes on dual role with Partnership and MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Monday Profile: Ware carries leadership skills from U.S. Navy to Starkville Utilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County authorities searching for suspected shooter STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Female CAFB officers recall their military service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY