March 14, 2019 10:39:41 AM
GULFPORT -- Officials say the tourism group promoting southern Mississippi has a new name and slogan.
News outlets report that Visit Mississippi Gulf Coast will now do business as Coastal Mississippi with the slogan "The Secret Coast." CEO Milton Segarra says a nearly $1 million advertising campaign will launch the brand across the Gulf South.
Officials say forty billboards across northern Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Florida's Panhandle will target the market within a five-hour drive.
Other ads will be around packages with Delta and American airlines to Atlanta; Charlotte, North Carolina; and other destinations that have flights to the coast.
1. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY