March 14, 2019 10:41:12 AM
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office investigators have arrested a man for a reported Friday sexual battery incident.
Deputies responded to the report on Highway 12 West in Bradley, southwest of Starkville, at about 5:30 a.m. Friday. According to OSCO Lt. Jon Davis, the suspect, 41-year-old Tyrone Cork, fled the residence before officers arrived.
Davis said an adult female victim was taken to OCH Regional Medical Center for treatment and has since been released.
Cork turned himself in to investigators at about 2 p.m. Tuesday and was booked in the Oktibbeha County Jail. Cork is out of jail after posting $10,000 bond.
Davis said investigators do not currently expect additional charges in this case.
1. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY