March 14, 2019 10:41:12 AM
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office investigators have arrested a man for a reported Friday sexual battery incident.
Deputies responded to the report on Highway 12 West in Bradley, southwest of Starkville, at about 5:30 a.m. Friday. According to OSCO Lt. Jon Davis, the suspect, 41-year-old Tyrone Cork, fled the residence before officers arrived.
Davis said an adult female victim was taken to OCH Regional Medical Center for treatment and has since been released.
Cork turned himself in to investigators at about 2 p.m. Tuesday and was booked in the Oktibbeha County Jail. Cork is out of jail after posting $10,000 bond.
Davis said investigators do not currently expect additional charges in this case.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY