January 9, 2019 10:30:02 AM
A West Point man is in jail in Lowndes County after he was allegedly caught living in an empty rental home.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Julius Kinard Quinn, 37, for burglary after receiving a report of a suspicious person at a South Frontage Road residence on Saturday, according to a LCSO press release.
Deputies arrived and found Quinn on the property. He had apparently been living in the residence for several days and had removed multiple items from the house, the press release said.
The report came from a potential renter who told the property owner someone was living in the house.
Quinn is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $5,000 bond.
1. Bullets from private gun range crossing public road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mayor breaks tie to approve $9K trip to Atlanta COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. 'Living their best lives': Gautreau boys, with Darth Vader toy in-hand, happily add to State's luck in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CAFB major dies on Caribbean cruise liner COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. LCSD board upholds Caledonia teachers' transfers to New Hope COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY