October 6, 2018 7:30:49 AM
FINAL: Mississippi State 23, No. 8 Auburn 9.
- I covered the rushing numbers in my quick gamer, and will do so in more detail in the full version, but here's something that's on my mind: Running 77 percent of the time is not a sustainable model week over week, but it sure was against Auburn with this exact plan. All the credit goes to their scheme.
- This game had three penalties total. What a time to be alive.
- Mississippi State held the ball for 41 minutes and 53 seconds and Auburn converted just three of its 14 third-downs. When you barely have the ball and you're not very good at keeping it, you're gonna lose. Period.
- A sneaky important stat: Nick Fitzgerald was 5-for-6 on first down.
Follow Dispatch sports writer Brett Hudson on Twitter @Brett_Hudson
3. Magnolia Film Festival returns for 22nd year ENTERTAINMENT
4. Pottery demo at Columbus Library set for Feb. 26 ENTERTAINMENT