A former Columbus High School chorus teacher will spend seven years in the Mississippi Department of Corrections, following a guilty verdict in a child exploitation case this week.
Starkville aldermen have accepted the terms of a settlement agreement for Starkville Pride's federal lawsuit against the city for denying its parade request.
A Columbus man who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Friday will spend 35 years in the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
On Memorial Day in 1866, barely a year after the end of the Civil War, a group of Columbus women decorated the Friendship Cemetery graves of Confederate soldiers -- along with the graves of several unknown Union soldiers.
A Columbus resident faces charges for multiple counts of child exploitation from the state Attorney General's Office.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY